Like Me

Don't forget to like my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/jillskitchenkc

Sunday, April 8, 2012

MILKSHAKES!!!


Whether you like yours thick, thick-thick, or super-thick, to steal a line from one of my favorite old school TV shows, (anyone know what I'm talking about???) MILKSHAKES definitely do bring all those boys and girls to the yard.
 
Forget the fact that I almost always have more than one kind of ice cream in my freezer at all times, MILKSHAKES go waaaaay back for me. My Mother loved milkshakes. She would make them for my sisters and I when my Dad was out of town. We always had the value-sized bucket-o-ice cream on hand, so she would excitedly call us into the kitchen to request our desired thickness. We would have a blast eating waffles and sipping our milkshakes while we watched an old movie. 

Thankfully I married a man who loves ice cream as much as I do. Which brings us to the half empty cartons sitting on my kitchen counter...



Today I have Peanut Butter Panic and Homemade Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl. I never introduced two ice creams that didn't become instant best friends. So lucky me, I happen to have some milk. We use 1%, or "cloudy white water" as my best friend Nicol calls it, but any milk will do.

And of course, you will need a blender. I got this one from my local Saver's store in pristine condition. I bought it because it is almost the exact model that my Mom used! And it has a glass pitcher. And I only paid $4.99 for it :)


Load up the blender all the way to make 2 at a time or one ginormously gluttonous one. Add enough milk to get her started, make sure you put the lid on before you press the button. I mean, I have never forgotten to do that... what? You will need to add more milk a little at a time until you get the desired T H I C K N E S S.




Oh man, see that awesome hunk of chocolate clinging to life on the side of the pitcher? Good thing I have a spoonula for that! ;)


I absolutely must go and enjoy my MILKSHAKE now. You should probably go raid your freezer and make some sweet Milkshakes yourself.
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!


No comments: