Like Me

Don't forget to like my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/jillskitchenkc

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stir-Fried Crazy

Well, Chris wanted pizza tonight so that means I get an "anything I want to make for myself" dinner opportunity. This is what looked good and was on sale at the grocery store. I'm about to tear it up in my kitchen, I'll be back...








Those of you who know me personally, know that I make my own rice, but on a day like today this Minute Rice Ready to Serve stuff is the bizniss. Pop it in the microwave for 60 seconds and it's ready to serve... ha not a commercial, just a tip. But since I was making a stir-fry and the rice was already cooked I didn't have to nuke it all, just added it straight to the pan when the veggies were done. But, let's rewind for a second...

Any questions so far?

Ok.

I threw together a quick sauce using a bunch of stuff I had on hand; soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, oyster sauce, white sugar, lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro and freshly grated ginger. Stirred it together, tasted it, mmm... yeah.
I chopped up all the veggies, plus grated some ginger and garlic which showed up late to prep and totally missed the group photo. I used a small dice on the veggies since I was using rice. I like it when everything is uniform... OCD much? Maybe, but I just find that everything cooks more evenly when it's all the same size. I gave the asparagus and edamame a quick boil and then an ice bath before adding them into the hot tub w the rest of the veggies.
  I added a little of the sauce and stir-fried it over high heat until everything was cooked through and it tasted delicious. Uh-hmm, I said tasted. I hope you are seeing a pattern there. I added a little white pepper, which is often used over black pepper in Asian cooking, and one extra shot of organic ground ginger because I had it. Tasted it again, it was ready to serve... ha.
 It was so, what's the word???
Oh yeah, mine :)


































No comments: